Volunteer roles within the foodbank
Help on Supermarket donations days
Working as part of a team of 2 to 3 people, answering questions from the general public about the Foodbank, collecting contributions and explaining about the work of the Foodbank. These donation days take place about once every 4 months.
Help is needed to distribute fundraising leaflets and help on fundraising events. Individuals or groups are welcome to arrange their own fundraising event for the Foodbank.
Collecting food donations at busy times
There are busy times in the foodbank calendar when extra help is needed to collect food donations. A car would be useful for this role.
Social media and website support
Help to update content on the Foodbank’s Facebook page and Website.
How Businesses can help the Foodbank
Businesses can help in the following ways:
- Consider a regular or one-off financial donation
- Organise a food collection in the workplace
- Organise a fundraising activity, for example a cake sale
- Allow employees to donate a couple of hours of their time to help at fundraising events such as supermarket donation days
How Schools can help the Foodbank
Schools can help in the following ways:
- Arrange a food collection for example at Harvest and/or Christmas or Easter
- Hold a non-uniform day and bring in a food item. Have a Foodbank Friday once a month
- Organise a fundraiser for the Foodbank for example have a cake sale or donate instead of sending Christmas cards